REAL BLOG POST 22

Hey Blog,
this is my second to last post and I have learned so much about my want to direct and my love for bringing characters and a storyline together to create a believable introduction to a movie people my age would watch.

Margo, our main character is a "copycat" because she doesn't break the stereotype of the edgy girl who wants to run away because her parents don't understand her. We reinforce this idea due to her mom saying "bye young lady" instead of an endearing term. When Margo gets to school she changes in her car uncovering who she really is and having to change in secret. This character and her traits represent the confusion and finding of self when being a teenager and how often kids don't aren't always who their parents want them to be. Teens are often left misunderstood and there is a loss of connection with parents and their growing children due to their expectations of who the parents want them to be.

Our product engages with audiences because it leaves the suspense of the characters are going to go next. Since the movie begins with them leaving it makes the audience wonder what the climax will be because nothing good can come from teens purposefully going into the real world with no plan. It would be distributed to what teens most use such as on ads through Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube to lure teens to movies to go watch with their friends. I feel that this movie would also be presented in previews at the movie theatre for similar teen romance and comedies.

My editing skills pulled through in this project because I was the main editor for our movie. I also learned to better communicate my vision more depending on how I wanted a shot or what I wanted the actors to say. Our group as a whole was very understanding and open to succumbing to another's idea if they liked one better than the other. I also learned that time is inherent to not waste when filming because on another day you do not know the factors that could ruin what a previous day did.

Through this project, I integrated camera's, email, adobe premiere pro (editing device) and blogger.com of course. I used my phone to record all the audio and utilized foley to rely on sounds that couldn't be heard in the original take. I also employed my friend's camera to record every shot with Daniela and the biggest help in the making of this movie was Adobe Premiere Pro that helped make our movie look exactly the way we wanted it to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REAL BLOG POST 19

REAL BLOG POST 18